Subject: Re: Bugtracking...
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/1997 17:44:25
On Thu, 12 Jun 1997 02:39:25 +0200 (MET DST)
 Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE> wrote:

 > Aha. Didn't know about that one, and maybe a lot more people didn't, since
 > there are quite some hollering here...

I _strongly_ recomment that folks subscribe to:

	current-users
	source-changes
	netbsd-bugs
	netbsd-announce
	netbsd-users

...all @netbsd.org ... It's good to know what's going on with the general
NetBSD world, and not just the VAX-specific bits... then you'll also see
what bugs other people submit, what changes are made, etc.

 > Pretty neat. However, can anyone fill in responses to others reports?

You send mail to gnats-bugs@netbsd.org, with the subject:

Subject: Re: port-vax/1234

...port-vax being the category, 1234 being the tracking #.  It is appended
to the bug report.

 > And finally, the usability of that tool depends on how many on this list
 > will check it regularly, and that seem not to be today...

Major first step is _knowing_ about it.  Now all of you do.  :-)

 > email might work better on the short practical problems people have. These
 > problems might very well depend on bugs in the vax port, but if someone
 > has a fix for it already, people want that fix, and to get Ragge to
 > include it. :-)

Your portmaster is supposed to keep abreast of what is happening with
regards to bug reports submitted to the bugs database.  If you use send-pr,
Ragge will know about them :-)  It also keeps them from being forgotten!

 > And what about plain problems getting things to run?

Post them here... if it's _really_ odd, and you suspect a bug in the
OS, submit a bug report!  (when in doubt..... :-)