Subject: Re: Alright, damnit, this is getting annoying.
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/1997 22:55:07
On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> on that note.  how much trouble with the big-endian/little-endian clash cause?
> how hard would it be to build a cross compiler for my sparc 5 running SunOS 5.5
> to build NetBSD/vax binaries (and maybe even kernels)??

It shouldn't be that big a deal. A while back I built gcc-2.7.2
and binutils-2.7 on my Sparc and successfully compiled a Sun 3
kernel with them, which booted ok.

Having a cross-compiler set up would probably be a really, really
big boon for anyone working on a VAX. My PPro150 can compile the
world and a kernel in well under three hours. My uVAX 2000 would
probably take more like 3 days. :-)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'