Subject: Re: Bugtracking...
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/1997 19:07:39
> > ...there is already a problems list!  It's called the NetBSD bugs database
> > and you can submit bug reports to it (which will be tracked in the databas
> > using the send-pr(1) program that comes with NetBSD.  It gives you a littl
> > form to fill out... your category for VAX-specific bugs is port-vax (ther
> > is a list at the top of the form).
>
> Jason,
>
> Are you trying to annoy us?  ;-}

Jason's very annoying; this wouldn't be the first time he's annoyed
somebody.  (Jason: "Tag, you're it!" 8-)

> first you have to have netBSD going?

As previously noted, no, you do not have to have NetBSD running to
use send-pr.

It's installed by default as part of NetBSD, but can be fetched and
installed by hand if you don't have a NetBSD system, or don't have one
in a position on the net from which it can send mail.

The send-pr sources are available at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/gnu/usr.bin/send-pr/

And it looks like it might just be a case of "./configure using the
right args ; make ; make install" to get it to install on non-NetBSD
systems.  (I've never tried it, but...)

> Right now the only www access I have is either lynx from a terminal or the
> dos/winders box.

So, as painful as it might be, you should be able to use the send-pr
form with lynx.  (I'm not sure, and can't easily test it, but one of
the design goals of the NetBSD web site is that it should be as
functional with e.g. lynx as with a graphical browser such as
Netscape.  If it doesn't work, you should send some e-mail to
www@netbsd.org informing them of the problem.)

cgd