Subject: Re: Alright, damnit, this is getting annoying.
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/1997 21:41:12
On June 11, you wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 21:22:56 -0400 (EDT)
>  Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com> wrote:
>
>  >   It might be ancient history, but it's the most stable on the VAX at
>  > this point.  I'm sure that'll change soon, but until then...
>
> ...how will it ever improve if no one runs the current code?  You _need_
> to keep up to date... the fact that people kept falling back on 1.1
> has probably contributed to the current "stability problems" (in
> quotes since I can't speak one way or the other about them, since I
> do not (yet) own a VAX).

  I agree 100%...but until recently I didn't have another machine
(well, I had machines, but not enough electricity to run them; my
house is maxed-out) to run a crash-n-burn load on.  As I mentioned
earlier, the 3500 I just picked up will do just that.  I intend to
track -current there.

  I trust Ragge and the other VAX hackers will get this straigtened
out...I think (just by watching what's been going on here) that
they're having a hard time due to lack of feedback by the user
community.  I hope to help change that soon.

  I already have a SUP server on my network set up to handle union
mounts for multi-architecture compilation.  All I need is another
evening to yank the BA213 out of its plastic shell antd throw it into
a rack, then redistribute some UPS load.

                         -Dave McGuire
                          mcguire@neurotica.com