Subject: Re: Alright, damnit, this is getting annoying.
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/1997 21:24:43
Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:55:53 -0400
>  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>
>  > BTW.  Could version 1.1 satisfy the need for a stable system on the
>  > uVAXII?
>
> NetBSD 1.1 is ancient history now.  1.2 is beginning to show its age.
> Folks really need to make an effort to track current... that is the
> only way the system is going to improve at a faster pace.

Yes, I know, and if you had read the whole message you'd see that I
didn't want to just use "ancient history".  I am quite willing to run
current on my two VAXstation 2000's.  I just need _one_ stable VAX where
I can actually do a kernel compile, NFS exports, etc. without it
crashing.  Now, can 1.1 satisfy that on my MicroVAX II or not?

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |