Subject: Re: Alright, damnit, this is getting annoying.
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/1997 16:35:26
Chris,

I agree with what you are saying here Chris and I would like to do what I
can to support the port after all I have several tons of DEC equipment (2ea.
VAX 11/785's with expansion cabinets and SA482 disk arrays, 2ea. VAX3600
with RA82's in main and expansion cabs and TU81 tape drives) total weight
when shipped was 5100lbs.  So you see I can't think of anyone who would like
it to work more than I.  BUT, there should at least be one copy somewhere
kept on the port that will function as the installation directions say it
will.  If it really does not work and is in developement and is just been
put out there for others to work on it should state that somewhere so people
would know this going into it.  I have used the SUN and I386 ports and they
keep a "copy up" that will fly (run) as they discribe in the installation
proceedures.

I will help out however I can, but I am just learning how to program (I am a
network engineer) and I know there are some really sharp people out there
that can really do some serious code!

Rick Copeland

At 11:45 AM 6/11/97 -0700, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
>> I understand what you are saying, I have spent almost 5 months trying to get
>> a workable system on my VAX's with no real success. THIS PORT HAS MAJOR
>> PROBLEMS! I hope the right people see this and correct it.
>
>Since NetBSD is a user supported system, by definition, _YOU_ are one
>of the right people to help correct it.
>

>cgd

Rick Copeland