Subject: Re: Alright, damnit, this is getting annoying.
To: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/1997 13:18:52
On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, David Evans wrote:

>   I could never get my uVax to boot the 1.2C TK50 snapshot; I used the RX50
> ones instead.  Of course I was writing the TK50 on a hightly suspect TK50Z,
> which may have hosed me.

Is this an admission that you got 1.2C booted *and* installed using the
RX50 images, or just that you got 1.2C booted from the RX50 image?

Also... from earlier in May:
--
Subject: Re: 1.2c TK50 snapshot problems
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 09:36:04 +0200
From: Franc Grootjen <sparky@cs.kun.nl>

Hi Rick!

>I have been unable to run the 1.2c  TK50 (970315) snapshot files from
>NetBSD.org ftp server on my uVAX3600.  After I "B/3 MUA0" the first file
>get the following:
>
>2..
>-MUA0
>  1..0..
>
> ? 02 EXT HLT
>         PC = 000017BC

Had the same promblem with my uVAX3200. Looks like somewhere between 1.1
and 1.2c the 'boot' command has changed. I solved it by running 1.1's
boot/edlabel/copy, backed up 1.1's boot. After that I started copy
again, but inserted the 1.2 tape just before scribbling the miniroot to
the disk. Booted the system again (using the 1.1 tape of course) and
started the miniroot. Rite at this moment I got a working 1.2c with a
1.1 boot!
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --