Subject: RE: Alright, damnit, this is getting annoying.
To: None <buck_c@polygon.com>
From: Robert Byer <byer@carl.all-net.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/1997 14:14:06

>> So I downloaded the latest 1.2c (970315), and it didn't work
>> either. I seem to recall seeing something in the archives about using
>> the 1.1 boot+edlabel+copy file and the 1.2 mini-root. If this will work,
>> can anyone please tell me where I can get the 1.1 boot+etc file? It's
>> not available on ftp.netbsd.org (or at least, I can't find it).
>
>  I could never get my uVax to boot the 1.2C TK50 snapshot; I used the RX50
>ones instead.  Of course I was writing the TK50 on a hightly suspect TK50Z,
>which may have hosed me.

I was told to check my controller to make sure it was sitting on the right
address, so I did and it was set correctly.  I then loaded my diagnostics
tape to make sure that nothing else was wrong with my system or that something
else wasn't causing a conflict, it found none and everything is just fine.

So I guess I'll those of us that are in the same boat will just have to
live with using the 1.1 version of copy until whatever the problem is
(if their is one to be found) can be solved.