Subject: Compiling NetBSD-current sources...
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/10/1997 19:14:03
Can anyone provide, or point me to information on compiling the NetBSD/vax
sources?  I've managed to fumble my way through what I believe is the
proper invocation of the NetBSD `config' utility, and then I run the make
depend, and then finally run the top level make.

The compilation proceeds through what I believe is all the VAX specific
code, continues on with the lkm subtree, but then it stops.  It never
touches the machine-independent code.

I used the NetBSD-current sources from ftp.iastate.edu, they were grabbed
on 6 June 97.   I did have to make some minor modifications to the
VAX specific source files but those were only to overcome some compilation
difficulties with the VAX specific stuff.  (A define here, a define there
:-)

Should I just stick with trying to compile the 1.2 sources?

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --