Subject: Problems with getty
To: vax netbsd <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Harbour <bharbour@teleport.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/08/1997 19:58:10
I had netbsd version 1.2c up and running about a month and a half ago with
no problems. I went to start the machine up after that month and a half
and It hangs up just before allowing me to log in with:

--- snip ---

NetBSD 1.2C (GENERIC) #56: Sat Mar 15 16:56:08 CET 1997
    ragge@multivac:/usr/src/sys/arch/vax/compile/GENERIC

--- snip ---

standard daemons: update cron.
starting network daemons: routed printer inetd.
starting local daemons:.
Sun Jun  8 19:31:11 PDT 1997
Jun  8 19:31:12 cooter init: kernel security level changed from 0 to 1
Jun  8 19:31:14 cooter init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyS0, sleeping
Jun  8 19:31:14 cooter init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping
Jun  8 19:31:45 cooter init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyS0, sleeping
Jun  8 19:31:46 cooter init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping

The machine is a microvax II with an rd54, tk50, 13mb of ram, and a net
board. Does anybody have any good ideas on this one?

Thanks
Bob Harbour
bharbour@teleport.com