Subject: More Problems With Maxtor XT-4380E ESDI Hard Disk...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Byer <byer@mail.all-net.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/07/1997 12:21:06
I with to thank everyone that helped out with my last problem, had I
noticed I would have noticed the difference.

Now on to a new problem...

I have one drive that boots up with VAX/VMS just fine, the problem is that
it ALWAYS thinks its "DUA1:" and I can't get it to think it's anything but
that which is kinda annoying as I have a secod one of these drive that I
can't get to really do anything.

My question is one, is their any jumpers that would tell the drive to act
this way?  I've looked over both of my drives and they are both jumpered
the same, but I can only boot off the the DUA1: drive and the other comes
back as "offline" and I'm fairly sure it's a good disk.

The controller card is a quad sized card and the only thing I can find on
it an EPROM labed "ESDI-v2.3 SPECTRALOG".  Does anyone know about these and
is their anything special I'm going to have to do to the board to get these
two XT-4380E drives to work together?

Thanks.

 | Robert Alan Byer       | A-Com Computing, Inc.                      |
 | Vice-President         | 115 W. Washington Street, Suite 1165       |
 | A-Com Computing, Inc.  | Indianapolis, IN 46204                     |
 | Phone: (317)673-4204   | http://www.all-net.net/                    |
 | byer@mail.all-net.net        | I don't want to take over the world, |
 | http://www.all-net.net/~byer | just my own little part of it.       |
 | Send an E-mail request to obtain my PGP key.                        |