Subject: Re: More VS2000 booting problems
To: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
From: Oscar Oberg <Oscar.Oberg@abc.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/04/1997 09:50:07
On Fri, 30 May 1997, Brian D Chase wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 1997, Oscar Oberg wrote:
> > LILO? Enhanced? You must be joking. :)
> I've got experience with.  Besides it's not *that* bad
It's worse than NetBSD's and Minix's and most other (non
Microsoft) bootloaders I can think of. Instead of letting the user choose
what file to boot and reading it from the FS, it just stores the offsets
of the file in the bootsector. Yuck.

[line deleted by mistake]
> though: e-mail, newsreader, and web browser.  Or perhaps just a web
> browser with e-mail and news incorporated into it.

That'd be a very good idea. At least the web browser part. Pretty simple
to implement too..

Oscar