Subject: Re: More VS2000 booting problems
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/1997 20:42:51
> Anyway the feature I'm always missing on non-sun3 machines is the ability
> to do some fairly rudimentry hardware checks. I know DEC's pmax machines
> have almost decent boot strapper that does this, but what about the VAXen

An obvious lack on knowledge of Vaxen.  Most vax do test out the sytem to do
things like assure there is a minimum of 64k of good memory, boot device
presence, console communications exist and so on.  Thats that count doen you
see every power up!

> And, wouldn't be nice for all NetBSD machines to have an identical
> "phase 1" boot loader with diagnostics?

Yes that would be nice but, at that level your very hardware dependent.

Allison