Subject: Elly the bootloader
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Karl Maftoum <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/1997 23:51:02
There should be now a image of the bootloader I am writing for
VAXlinux and I guess it'll work with NetBSD as well :)  on the linux-vax
ftp site.

It currently doesn't do much at all... I am putting the image up to make
sure it actually mop boots on all VAXen before I do too much more. It
basically will also tell you your H/W address and VAX type . Don't bother
selecting the boot options because they will not work. Please let me know
if you like the layout.. I am designing it on what I can remember about
the bootloader from my minix days, it may seem a little elaborate but if I
can keep the size down having the extra options may be useful.

The ftp site & file
ftp://ftp.canberra.edu.au/pub/ise/linux-vax/boot/elly/ELLY.SYS.gz

Cheers
Karl

Karl Maftoum
Computer Engineering Student at the University of Canberra, Australia

Email: k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au