Subject: Re: More VS2000 booting problems
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Karl Maftoum <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/1997 23:35:44
On Sat, 31 May 1997, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> machine (Windows, NetBSD, Linux), I expelled LILO from providing the
> bootselector (after saving the disk by using PFDISK from the
> NetBSD-i386 distribution... no other partition editor, be it DOS FDISK
> or LINUX FDISK, would dare to even look at the mess LILO (the
> configuration program) had left behind.
>
> So, if you talk about LILO being Enhanced, specify first, what exactly
> you are talking about. The Bootselector? (Do we need one on VAX?) The
> bootloader itself? (Now, I'm pretty sure we don't need it...) The
> configuration program?

I don't really wish to discuss LILO, it has no relevance.. but for the
record I have a 2 OS 4-partition system and I use LILO and it works fine
and I've never had trouble with it.

As I said before I was thinking about something like the old minix
monitor/bootloader.. it was very good, there is no need for the monitor
but I remember the bootloader being quite decent

Cheers
Karl

Karl Maftoum
Computer Engineering Student at the University of Canberra, Australia

Email: k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au