Subject: hardware question
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/1997 11:02:48
this is a non-NetBSD question, but i can't think of wherelse to go.  there
are way too many people here that know way too much stuff. :)

i went through my VAX 11/730 last night checking out what cards it had in it.
(found all sorts of neat stuff. for a list i have put it on my web page at:
http://www.arkham.net/~wonko/parts.730)

i found a card in the Unibus expansion cabinet which i can't identify. it is
obviously not a DEC manufactured card as it doesn't follow the Mnnnn part
number format.  the only thing i could find on it were white stickers with
numbers printed on them.  no manufacturer name, nothing.  there are three
of these white stickers on the "front" (componant) side and two on the back.
on the front the three stickers are labeled: 10208-0 | Rev H6 | SN 4706
on the back the stickers are labeled 10209-0 | Rev C2

there are three connectors on the top edge of the card.  two 50-pin (or there
abouts, didn't count the pins, but it looks to be about the size of an
internal SCSI connector) connectors and one smaller on (40pin? or something
like that)

does anyone know what this thing is?

thanks,

-brian

--
I'm asking because I've got two VS3100's in need of a real and pleasant to
use operating system.  (VMS is unpleasant and Ultrix is not a real OS).

		-Brian D Chase (asking about NetBSD support of the VS3100)