Subject: Re: VS3100/38 SCSI disk problem
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/27/1997 13:48:43
Ignatios Souvatzis writes:
> I guess in the long term, some effort must be made to identify the
> most stable 53C80 driver in NetBSD and use that (per bus-space-xxx,
> not per source copy) for port-vax.

Sounds reasonable (even if I'm not sure what's really meant by that;
Ignatios, kannst Du mir bitte in Deutsch sagen, wie das genau gemeint
ist? Mir fehlen da wohl doch ein paar Feinheiten in meinem englisch ;-).

On the other hand, away from the sun3's si-driver (very similiar to
sun4's version) all the other drivers for the ncr5380 look rather
machine specific (I haven't looked into all of them, at least the
atari, hp300(?), and mac version seemed rather specific to me) and
don't seem to be easy to port...

Ciao,
	bertram