Subject: Re: Success story + problems
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/23/1997 12:12:40
Dave McGuire writes:
>   I think what we have here is a terminology problem surrounding the
> word "supported".
>
>   I think we can say that the '2000 boot ROM "supports" SCSI TK50
> only, not SCSI disks.
>
>   I think we can also say that NetBSD "supports" SCSI disks, or so
> I've been told.

Absolutely correct!

Just to add some facts: I once had 2 SCSI disks connected to my 2000
running NetBSD, both of them (500MB and 2GB) worked without problems,
alone and together.

I remember someone having connected a non-TK50 tape to the 2000's SCSI
port and it somehow worked. Since 2000's SCSI support uses NetBSD's MI
SCSI code, I can see no reasons why other SCSI devices like CD-ROM
shouldn't work (away from the DMA and timeout problems in the current
ncr-driver for 2000).

Ciao,
	bertram