Subject: Re: Success story + problems
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/22/1997 15:51:07
David Brownlee drunkenly mumbled...

> 	AFAIK the scsi port is a straight 5380 (obviously with its own
> 	set of supporting pecularities), and uses the MI NetBSD 5380
> 	code, so it should be able to run any scsi device once NetBSD
> 	has booted from another medium. Sounds like a gzipped kernel on
> 	a boot floppy is a real option here :)

or just find an MFM drive to boot off of. i have a couple spare ones sitting
around here that could be used if anyone needs them, and i can always get more
MFM drives if they are needed.

-brian

--
I'm asking because I've got two VS3100's in need of a real and pleasant to
use operating system.  (VMS is unpleasant and Ultrix is not a real OS).

		-Brian D Chase (asking about NetBSD support of the VS3100)