Subject: Re: Network install on VS2000
To: Dan Gardner <wiggy@praxis.co.uk>
From: Karl Maftoum <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/22/1997 12:41:12
On Wed, 21 May 1997, Dan Gardner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apologies for the newbie question, but no mention of this in the FAQ.
>
> I have a 6Mb VS2000 with an RD54 but no operating system, no TK50 or
> floppy drives but I do have an ethernet and several Sun boxes. Is there
> any way of performing a network installation of NetBSD? I assume I will
> need a MOP service running on a Sun box in order for this to work - can
> anyone tell me where I can get hold of a MOP daemon and what files I
> need to get a base NetBSD installation loaded?

If you really want to MOP boot from a Sun I guess it is possible, what
OS's are the Suns running? If any are using SparcLinux then you are in
luck... It'll compile pretty much out of the box.. I do have a patch for
it somewhere.. If you are running SunOS I should be able to get you a
SunOS version, I havn't bothered as yet because I don't have one myself,
but if you are willing to test it I do have a interface for the Packet
Filter for the Sun so I'll have a go.

Cheers
Karl

Karl Maftoum
Computer Engineering Student at the University of Canberra, Australia

Email: k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au