Subject: Re: hobbyist VMS licenses
To: Gordon Zaft <zaft@Artisoft.COM>
From: Karl Maftoum <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/21/1997 10:51:52
On Mon, 19 May 1997, Gordon Zaft wrote:

> 	This isn't strictly a NetBSD thing but DEC and DECUS have just
> announced that they are making hobbyist licenses for VAX/VMS available
> for FREE through DECUS.
>
> 	Check the following URL for more info:
>
> 	http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/

 Hmmm i just worked out why I can't get through.. it seems to block
non-usa accesses... I can get through from a US account tho.. hmmmm

Just OpenVMS damn :(

It is true however what it says in the proposal about Sun's etc getting
to hobbyists because of the OS's being free and readily available.. I
guess we are all trying to change that with NetBSD and Linux.. I actually
have seen something about a Linux/PDP port, shame I don't have the space
for one :)

Cheers & Thanks

Karl

Karl Maftoum
Computer Engineering Student at the University of Canberra, Australia

Email: k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au