Subject: Success story + problems
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Oscar Oberg <Oscar.Oberg@abc.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/19/1997 23:35:36
I've just succeeded in compiling a program on my 4mb VS2000(!)

I'm also getting pretty decent ethernet transfer rates (150K/s w/ FTP)

There's still problems though..

a) It crashes frequently when I try to compile.. Generally, I can attempt
to compile one file, but a second one will crash it, even if the first one
failed. I think this problem has been discussed here, but does anybody
know it's solved in a more recent kernel?

b) I'm getting SCSI (I assume) errors of this kind:

DMA incomplete: ntrans=8193/16384, lock=98
si_dma_stop: timeout?
DMA incomplete: ntrans=13825/16384, lock=98
si_dma_stop: timeout?
DMA incomplete: ntrans=13825/16384, lock=98
si_dma_stop: timeout?
DMA incomplete: ntrans=13825/16384, lock=98
si_dma_stop: timeout?
DMA incomplete: ntrans=13313/16384, lock=98
si_dma_stop: timeout?

Is this a software or hardware problem? I've recently installed a SCSI1
CDROM, and I don't recall getting any of these errors before I did. If
it's a problem w/ the CDROM, what could it be?

Oscar

PS. Is there any program to measure HD transfer rates that comes with
NetBSD? I seem to recall seeing one somewhere