Subject: Question/Confirmation
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/12/1997 13:32:06
Two points:
  Wanted to make sure my subscribe had worked - haven't received
anything yet, don't know how busy this list is.
  More importantly: I just became the proud owner of a uVII (BA123
enclosure), and am very interested in NetBSD as an operating system. The
system itself was thrown into a dumpster after dua0: crashed, but the
two other drives work fine. However, since the boot drive went bad, I
don't have a licensed operating system for it. I would prefer Unix over
VMS, although I can use a VMS 5.5 license that my work isn't using.
Problem is, I need to get the installation kit for NetBSD/VAX on TK50s,
and I have no idea where I could get these. If anyone can provide them
for shipping + cost of tapes, or a small copying fee, please let me
know. Email me at the addy below or respond on the list - there may be
quieter folks who haven't asked yet.
  Of course, once I get the first copy installed, upgrading it won't be
a problem, as I do have a ethernet card in the machine. I've also got 2
DHV11 (or is that DVH11) serial cards in the machine (16 ports total) -
I would be willing to part with one if anyone is interested.
--
J. Buck Caldwell

               Engineer - Technical Support - Webmaster
Polygon, Inc.         email:buck_c@polygon.com   phone: (314) 432-4142
PO Box 8470            http://www.polygon.com/     fax: (314) 997-9696
St. Louis, MO 63132     ftp://ftp.polygon.com/     bbs: (314) 997-9682