Subject: Re: uVAX II Won't boot
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/09/1997 23:46:59
While we're on the subject of RX33 jumpering... Does anyone know what
the correct jumpering of a Toshiba FDD6784L1J (ND-08DE-A) 1.2M 5.25
drive is to make it behave like an RX33? I'm trying to get it working
with my MicroVAX II, and yes it is hanging off of an RQDX3 with non-twist
cable.  The M7555 is actually a "RQDX3 5016674 01 D1-P2 L6" if that helps.
And the ROMs are labeled 339/E5 and 340/E5 -- handwritten on circular red
stickers which are affixed to the chips.

I found some stuff on using another Toshiba drive as an RX33 on a PDP-11,
but not all the jumper info listed for that drive matched up with my
drive.  If no one has any experience with this drive in particular, then
no problem... I'll find one of the Teacs which seem to work well in the
MicroVAX II's.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --