Subject: putting 16 megs in a uVAX II
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/07/1997 23:23:54
I've just tried to upgrade my MicroVAX II to 16 megs by using two 8 meg
boards.  However, NetBSD thinks I have 9 megs.  The 8 meg boards
themselves do seem okay, and I can use an 8 meg board with a 4 meg board
to get 13 megs.  Does anybody know what could be the problem here?  Do I
need to do something special because the memory on the KA630 needs to be
disabled?  Could this be a NetBSD problem?

BTW.  With 13 megs the kernel compile does run nicely, so I'm now quite
sure that a lot of swapping makes NetBSD/vax unstable.  However, I made
the mistake of setting the clock during the compile, and that seems to
be another nice way to crash the VAX.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |