Subject: Re: 1.2c TK50 snapshot problems, netbsd-help@netbsd.org
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/06/1997 21:25:32
> On May 6, you wrote:
> > Rick Copeland wrote:
> > > I have been unable to run the 1.2c  TK50 (970315) snapshot files from
> > > NetBSD.org ftp server on my uVAX3600.  After I "B/3 MUA0" the first file I
> > > get the following:
> > [snipped output]
> > > The uVAX3600 I am running is completely stock, no changes in any hardware.
> > > It runs the 1.1 version fine.  I have tried the other 1.2c TK50 (970225)
> > > snapshot files from NetBSD.org ftp server and it works, however when I run
> > Your post does raise one question though: is there something wrong
> > with the 970315 boot files.
>
>   Yes...I've seen the same results...My cpu is a KA640...Ragge, has
> something big changed in the boot code that might be causing this?

Yes, there was a (major) boot code change between 970225 and 970315;
therefore I left both snapshots at ftp.netbsd.org. (I learned from the
mistake with 1.1A/2.0 :-)
Unfortunately, I am _very_ busy right now, and if not a miracle shows up
then I won't have time to hack on the vax port until end of may... sorry.

-- Ragge