Subject: 1.2c TK50 snapshot problems, netbsd-help@netbsd.org
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/06/1997 09:45:43
I have been unable to run the 1.2c  TK50 (970315) snapshot files from
NetBSD.org ftp server on my uVAX3600.  After I "B/3 MUA0" the first file I
get the following:

2..
-MUA0
  1..0..

 ? 02 EXT HLT
         PC = 000017BC

The uVAX3600 I am running is completely stock, no changes in any hardware.
It runs the 1.1 version fine.  I have tried the other 1.2c TK50 (970225)
snapshot files from NetBSD.org ftp server and it works, however when I run
"disklabel -B ra0" the uVAX comes back with:

#disklabel: /usr/mdec/aboot: no such file or directory

So I tried :

# mount -u /dev/ra0b /
#cd /usr/mdec
dd if=/dev/rmt8 of=raboot bs=512 count=16

Then I ran disklabel -B ra0 and it seemed to work,
when I tried to run MAKEDEV the system said that MAKEDEV did not exist so I
could not run MAKEDEV but proceeded to halt the system and bring it back up
with:

B DUA0

The system booted the miniroot!

Looks like I need some HELP!!!!!!!!