Subject: VS2k?? Rx-33 Boot image
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Williams <kevinw@why.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/04/1997 22:03:00
Hello again...

  I'm totally lost!!

I have tried several different ways to move the boot image to a HD PC floppy and boot it from
the VAX.. I have tried PUTR and RAWRITE and I get one of two reactions from the Vax Station.

1. The head sits on track 0 for an infinite amount of time and never moves.
2. The machine will read from the floppy for about 3 secs and then try to boot from the HD
   then it gives some brief message and tries to boot the floppy again... It does this forever!

Does the floppy need to be totally and aboslutely blank to work? Does it need to be IBM formatted
or does the vax need to format it? or can PUTR format it?

I have verified that I am getting the images correctly. I am downloading in binary mode and everything
seems to be coming through correctly.

Can someone please tell me step-by-step what to do!

I am sorry to be a continual pain in the butt, however, I REALLY want to get NetBSD Up!

Thanks!
Kevin Williams

"When you are looking out the window of a fast moving car for a while, you begin to develop a feeling
of timelessness, of not belonging to this world, of not taking part in its activities... ...this is
the time when dreams and fantasies take over from the more profane thoughts of everyday life."

 - Edgar Froese

kevinw@why.net
http://www.why.net/users/kevinw