Subject: Q: MicroVAX II - console commands and netbooting.
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/03/1997 18:32:17
I'm just back from a `grep' expedition of the port-vax mailing list.
Unfortunately I've returned empty handed.

I've got two questions, I'm hoping they've got easy answers.

[1] Does anyone have a comprehensive list of console commands for the
MicroVAX II?  I found one on port-vax for the VAXstations 3100's but I
didn't see anything for the MicroVAX II.  I'm primarily concerned with
obtaining information about the installed devices.  Other useful things
would be determining the physical memory size and hardware ethernet
address of my DEQNA card.

[2] Is it possible to netboot a MicroVAX II?  If yes, how do you do it?  I
saw the question raised of few times in port-vax but I never came across
any answers.  I did noticed an example of someone booting from either
floppy disk or tape and nfs mounting their root filesystem, but I'm
actually interested in booting right from the network using MOP.

If netbooting isn't an option, my MVII does have a TK50.  It's just that I
don't have any way to create my own TK50 boot tape.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase            Unix/Network Shaman          brianc@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --