Subject: RE: Vs-2000 Boot tapes!
To: None <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Williams <kevinw@why.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/02/1997 17:43:00
The tape just goes forever... It never gives me any kind of message until maybe 5 minutes pass and
then I get a HLT!

I never get the NBoot: prompt.

I assume it shouldn't take too teribly long to come up...

Kevin

--- On Fri, 2 May 1997 10:42:56 +0200  Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
Kevin Williams writes:
> Hello all...
>
> 1st, believe it or not, we actually got the serial port to talk to Telix... I don't know what
> I was doing wrong, but we plugged the cable in through an RS-232 analyzer and it started working...
>
> ???
>
> However, the boot tape we made don't seem to be working.

What doesn't work? What did you try? How did the machine react?

I assume you've connected a TK50 (SCSI variant) to your VS2000.
Then you did ">>> b/3 mua0" or whatever name the TK50 is given on
VS2000. Is this right so far? What happened next?

Did you see the "NBoot:" prompt?
If you're specifying the program to load from tape, on VS2000 you'll
need to specify it as "rom(0,0)/program", since there are no standalone
drivers for SCSI yet.

Ciao,
	bertram

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

"When you are looking out the window of a fast moving car for a while, you begin to develop a feeling
of timelessness, of not belonging to this world, of not taking part in its activities... ...this is
the time when dreams and fantasies take over from the more profane thoughts of everyday life."

 - Edgar Froese

kevinw@why.net
http://www.why.net/users/kevinw