Subject: Vs-2000 Boot tapes!
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Williams <kevinw@why.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/01/1997 23:34:00
Hello all...

1st, believe it or not, we actually got the serial port to talk to Telix... I don't know what
I was doing wrong, but we plugged the cable in through an RS-232 analyzer and it started working...

???

However, the boot tape we made don't seem to be working.

Two questions.

1. We made the tapes from VMS on a 6520 with VMS v6.? We followed the instructions exactly, however,
I think since I FTPed the files on a PC then ftped them to the Vax, something may have screwed them
up.. (Am I totally off base?)

2. Where could I acquire a rx33 or an rx50? and How could I plug them into a VS2k?

Thanks everyone!(I promise to learn more about VAXen hardware!)

Kevin Williams

"When you are looking out the window of a fast moving car for a while, you begin to develop a feeling
of timelessness, of not belonging to this world, of not taking part in its activities... ...this is
the time when dreams and fantasies take over from the more profane thoughts of everyday life."

 - Edgar Froese

kevinw@why.net
http://www.why.net/users/kevinw