Subject: Is the console 8 bit clean?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/1997 21:49:11
Hello,

I've just been trying to use zmodem on my VAXstation 2000 and MicroVAX
II.  I compiled Omen Technology rz 3.24 on the VS2000.  Sending seemed
to work fine, but receiving failed in most cases with:
  rz: Persistent CRC or other
ERROR
I did manage to get some text files across and it still failed with
binary files when I was using 300 baud, so I suppose that the port isn't
8 bit clean.  I even tried stty raw and that didn't help.

BTW1:  I've designed a pretty nice circuit for to get those RD53s with
spin down disease working.  If anybody's interested, I'll provide
further information.

BTW2:  I was supposed to have ethernet set up now, but since PC
Liquidators in Montreal have turned out to be incompetent, stupid and
liars I haven't been able to do that.  It doesn't seem that they are
capable of shipping an order so I'll have to order from somewhere else,
but I'd like to get my uVAX working sooner, hence the need for serial
file transfer.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |