Subject: Re: VS 3100-M38 boot: le linklevel address damaged
To: None <brianc@carpediem.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/23/1997 12:30:30
   Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 17:49:37 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>

   The MOP boot worked perfect.  Once the kernel booted I got the message
   with the hardware ethernet as 00:00:00:00:08:00.  I'm guessing that this
   is what's causing my difficulties in getting a root filesystem NFS mounted
   -- at least if the kernel is actually using 00:00:00:00:08:00 as the
   hardware ethernet address.

Yes. I worked around this by adding an entry for that pseudo address
and have a fully working diskles NetBSD/VAX now.

However, I'm currently too stupid to label the disk (with disklabel)
and install it. It looks like I don't manage to write the label to
disk. Any frequent errors I could have made?

	-is