Subject: Re: VS 3100-M38 boot: le linklevel address damaged
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/21/1997 23:45:20
   From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
   Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:35:26 +0200 (MET DST)
   Cc: bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG

   > After replacing the serial terminal (yes it worked a few days before),
   > I managed to watch the VS3100 M38 boot into NetBSD.

   This is extremely strange. I haven't been able at all to mopboot
   my VS3100/38. Very strange!

I used Bertrams experimental KA41/KA43 stuff:

ftp-server ifib4.ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de
"/pub/NetBSD-vax/netboot.tar.gz"

in there is a "mopboot" binary, which Bertram used to
boot his VS2000 and his VS3100/76,
and his current kernel.

I used both of them.

   This is a result of new arp code; I myself ran into it when just trying
   to compile with new source code. I will search for the bug now...

Gna. New ARP code should be OK. ;-/ Well, there might be some typo
here and there, and I couldn't, obviously, _test_ all architectures
and boards myself...

Hm, just looked; the part I changed should be ok.... well.

Hope you, and Bertram, did a complete config; make clean; make depend;
make on the kernel on the 1.2C-1.2D transition.

Btw, I want to point out that the driver works ok. Just the Ethernet
address is wrong (fortunately its still a singlecast address).

Regards,
	Ignatios