Subject: NetBSD 1.2D
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/21/1997 10:18:22
Hello Group,

I have been running 1.2D for about 24 hours now and it is much an improvement
over 1.1A!   I have noticed some anomolies that I did not notice on 1.1A.

First, the flow control on the console seems to be broken.  I tried a
'ls' in a full directory and it came out in uneven columns, which did not
occur in 1.1A.

Also, the mt device driver is reporting a lot of soft errors (timeouts),
but seems to be writting the data correctly to tape.  I have verified this.
Another interesting feature is that rather than getting an 'EOF' when
trying to tar a larger file than the tape can hold.  I get error 18 instead.

So in general it seems like there is a general flow control problem in
this release.  I will be testing the network portion tonight.

Thanks again!

Andy