Subject: fsck questions
To: vax netbsd <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Harbour <bharbour@teleport.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/20/1997 11:29:12
I am installing v1.2c on a microvax II with an rd54 and am part way
through loading the distribution files onto the disk. The system locked up
with a disk error and had to be reset. Now I am trying to clean up the
mess. When it crashed, I had the system running off the miniroot with ra0a
mounted on /mnt and ra0e on /mnt/usr while I was un-tarring files. I don't
have an fstab on the miniroot. fsck refuses to do anything, complaining
about no /etc/fstab and
fsck: vfstype 'unused' on partition '/dev/rra0' is not supported. Using
fsck -p /dev/ra0a or /dev/rra0a or /dev/ra0e gives
similar results. The options that fsck accepts don't look much like the
ones suggested in the O'Rielly 4.4BSD man page. Does anybody have a
suggestion for fsck options to clean up these two partitions, or do I have
to newfs and start again?

Thanks

Bob Harbour
bharbour@teleport.com