Subject: netboot and swap
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/1997 15:41:47
Last night i tried to netboot my VS2000 and ran into trouble with swap.
My nfs-server is running FreeBSD and it refuses to export swapfile
/export/v20/swap since it's not a directory. Even if i export the
/export filesystem with option -alldirs, the VS2000 can't mount swap
and crashes. If I understand the recent discussion about netbooting
correctly, then with NetBSD it's possible to export files via nfs.

What am i doing wrong?
Or is the ability to export files a special feature of NetBSD's nfs
server implementation? Or did i misunderstand something else?

Ciao,
	bertram