Subject: Re: The Digital Network Appliance Reference Design
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/09/1997 19:04:20
> 	I guess this is more port-arm32 relevant :)

yes.

> 	Anyone know how the ZIP drive attaches to the motherboard -
> 	is it some kind of 'parallel' type interface?

It is attached via an IDE interface.  (And, before anybody says,
"but...," i'll repeat: it is attached via an IDE interface, and I know
that for a fact.)

> Have any
> 	changed made by dec been reimported back into the source
> 	tree, or is it a stock arm32 port?

As far as I know, most/all of the changes have not yet been sent back,
but am not sure.  (Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.)

I believe that DEC's intent is to eventually try and get all of the
changes folded back into the NetBSD master sources, but I'm not sure.

cgd