Subject: MOP on uVAX 3600?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/09/1997 15:25:09
As a prelim to getting NetBSD going on my 3600 I decided to check out if
all parts are in good working order (just to make sure..)

OK.. Let's test the ethernet card..

I grabbed the MOPD archive from ftp.stacken.kth.se and installed
it on my Alpha-Linux and my i386-Linux box (haven't got the ethernet
card in my Linux/m68k box working yet :-).

I installed the things and started mopd with '-a -d' so I could see
what it was doing.. (tested on both boxes)

A boot with 'B XQA0' did indeed produce a MOP request and
the LINUX box sent NETTEST.SYS to the VAX (symlinked to a
file in /tftp/mop.../<etheraddr>.SYS)

OK.. So far so good... :-)

Now the VAX returns with an SCB error :-(

Any MOPable file (mopboot etc.) loads OK, but it dies
with an SCB2INT on the VAX.

If this is 'normal' behaviour I'll shut up and go away ;-)

The 3600 should be quite standard apart from the Emulex UC07 I have installed
as well.

						Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,