Subject: RE: Diskless boot of vs2000
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/08/1997 16:21:27
On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Gunnar Helliesen wrote:

> You're right, that worked! But why? I tried:
>
>  /export/myclient/root -maproot=root myclient
>  /export/myclient/swap -maproot=root myclient
>
> Which didn't work (I had already made the 16MB swapfile).

>From the exports(8) manpage:

     Each line in the file (other than comment lines that begin with a #)
     specifies the mount point(s) and export flags within one local server
     filesystem for one or more hosts.  A host may be specified only once for
     each local filesystem on the server and there may be only one default en-
     try for each server filesystem that applies to all other hosts.  The lat-

This means that you can't specify a host more than once per
filesystem. Since both /export/myclient/root and /export/myclient/swap
are on the same filesystem, and that filesystem can't be specified
more than once for myclient, they have to be specified together in
in a single line.

This is not always obvious to the beginner. :-)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates