Subject: VS2000-Terminal
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Williams <kevinw@why.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/08/1997 01:52:00
Hello again guys,

 I'm still having a problem with my VS-2000 talking to my laptop through the printer serial port.

What I've concluded is the following....

---------	         -----------
|VS-2000|----------------|Laptop   |
---------^               -----------
         |------Null Modem

On the VS-2k side, pins 8+9 (I soldered them together on the Motherboard!) are shorted the null modem
is plugged into the Vax and a straight through cable.

I have also tried swapping pins 2+3 and making 5 straight through w/ 8+9 shorted on the VS-2k.

I'm still not getting any response!

Three questions..

1. Am I cabling this guy correctly? I think I would have hit it at least once by now!

2. Do I need to pull the 4-plane graphics card out of the machine for the terminal to work?

3. Is there any way I can run the diagnostics on the serial port from the >>>?

Thanks again everyone... One day I WILL run NetBSD on this damn thing!!!

Kevin

"When you are looking out the window of a fast moving car for a while, you begin to develop a feeling
of timelessness, of not belonging to this world, of not taking part in its activities... ...this is
the time when dreams and fantasies take over from the more profane thoughts of everyday life."

 - Edgar Froese

kevinw@why.net
http://www.why.net/users/kevinw