Subject: Re: RX50 floppies from PC?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/07/1997 17:01:25
> loaded directly via mop, in the same manner that the Ultrix kernel cannot
> be loaded with mop but must be loaded from Ultrixboot (which in turn
> is loaded by mop).

Ah ha!  Thats the missing piece.  In VMS terms is was secondary boot.  I'm
lacking the protocal knowledge to write a qe driver so that's more than I
could tackle.

> I cannot test anything that has to do with VMS, because I only have
> Unix machines here, and also have a limited amount of hardware
> to test on.

I only have a MVII (sandwitched into a BA23) and a vs2000 here so hardware
is limited as well.  I just happen to have a functional VMS MVII with enough
of disk space.  I lack a unix node.

Allison