Subject: RX50 floppies from PC?
To: Viet-Trung Luu <vluu@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/07/1997 16:07:21
> That doesn't seem like a huge problem, except I have no idea what format
> the floppies are (from the hardware/physical level). Since the drives
> are the same as a PC's (indeed, I've seen utilities allowing Vaxen
> running VMS to read/write MS-DOS floppies), it shouldn't pose any major
> technical difficulty.

If you have a spare 5.25"/1.2M floppy drive from a PC, maybe it's easier
to use that. I've some TEAC model (55-FDGR?) connected to my uVAX-II
and it works without problems, maybe other brands work also...

Then you can use either 'dd' from Linux or 'rawrite.exe' from dos
to write the floppy.

Ciao,
	bertram