Subject: Re: RX50 floppies from PC?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/07/1997 09:45:42
From: Viet-Trung Luu <vluu@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
[...]
>(I'm currently running Linux on my PCs, where fiddling with floppy
>parameters should be fairly straightforward. If someone has written a
>utilitiy for MS-DOG, I'm willing to give that a try though.)

My PUTR.COM utility can do it from DOS.  Make sure you use DD disks, HD
disks are unreliable as RX50s (real RX50s are down to $9/box from DEC so
you could always splurge...).  Opinion is divided over whether you should
remove the hub rings.  The commands would be something like:

C:\>putr
[PUTR's banner]
(C:\)>format b: /rx50
[...]
(C:\)>mount b: /rx50 /foreign
(C:\)>copy/file/dev diskimag.bin b:
(C:\)>quit

PUTR is available from ftp://ftp.dbit.com/pub/putr/putr.com (doc and source
are in the same directory).  Or change the prefix to "http://www..." if you
like that better.

John Wilson
D Bit