Subject: Re: Out of memory
To: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/04/1997 10:54:58
Hello David,

>   Do you have your swap partition identified in /etc/fstab?  Just an idea...

I am not sure if this is the same on BSD, but the large Sequents that I have
put together (> 16 processor) do this only for documentation purposes so that
you don't accidentally create filesystems on swap slices on the disks.  On
these systems it is not unreasonable to have as many as 6 swap devices just
for the sake of efficiency because Dynix will stripe swap allocations accross
all available swap devices.  Maybe this is not a bad evolitionary direction
for Netbsd?

Regards

Andy Sporner