Subject: Re: Where is if_ether.h???
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/03/1997 07:50:14
Hello Ignatios,

> Well, if you did make includes, and did make install in lib/csu, in
> lib, and gnu/lib, and did make cleandir; make depend && make afterwards
> for all, I guess you got a out-of-sync src tree.
>
> But at least for some peoples' complaints on port-vax, it's pretty clear
> from what they said that they didn't make includes.

I misread somebody elses instructions.  I used 'make include' rather
than 'make includes' which I found out to be part of 'make build'  it
did all the right stuff.  I still was missing stuff from /usr/src/sys/net
as it had an incomplete collection of header files.

The snapshot I grabbed seems to have some problems mostly due to
prototype problems.  I ran into another one just now when trying
to build ~libc/yp/xdrup.c.

This brings me back to my point about getting the delta's to the source
so that if I manage to get the wrong or out-of-date source I get
update without going through another 16 hour download.  My machines are
in my flat not in a university computer center.

Regards

Andy