Subject: Re: 1.2C Kernel with DHQ11 support ?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/1997 09:22:09
Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > With 1.2C kernel I have the following problems:
> >
> > qe0 overrun at an interval of 30 seconds. (ethernet without any traffic)
> This is a well-known bug. It doesn't hurt anything.

  I don't get it very often (I've seen it three times, always during heavy
NFS traffic) with my 1.2C-GENERIC kernel.  Haven't noticed it since I
re-compiled a new kernel, but I haven't pushed the machine that hard.

> > Is there a kernel available with more qe0 buffers, DHQ11 support and
> > without asking for the boot and swap partition ?
> >
> You only get the question for root & swap if you boot with the
> /3 flag. If you don't, then it will go up in multiuser directly.

  The generic kernel always prompts for this, I believe, since it has the
"root on ?" stuff in its config file.  When I compiled my own kernel I just
set these to the right values and it can boot itself now.

--
David Evans              (NeXTMail OK)              dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/