Subject: Re: Memory err
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/20/1997 18:28:40
> Vaxine (uVAX II) was minding her own business and doing next to nothing
> today when suddenly:
>
> machine check 80
>       vap 81c88410 istate 3010002 pc 800008d6 psl c00000
>       mser=0x2c1 page=6554
> memory err!
> panic: machine check
> Stopped at     0x80089f96:    index   (r4), -(r5), (fp), -(r0), (r9),
> (sp)
> db>
>

> She's running NetBSD 1.2 release.
>
> I guess this means just what it says, hardware error in memory? In any
> case, I thought I would let whoever wrote the code for this know it's
> working! ;-)

Ehum... This could probably be handled much more gracefully. It is
probably only a corrected error, but there are no code written yet
to handle memory errors. Therefore it falls through machine check and
into DDB.

Someone with a KA630 technical manual maybe can look what was the
actual error.

-- Ragge