Subject: Re: 1.2C Problems
To: Matti Ristinmaa <hlmr@bertil.hallf.lth.se>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/19/1997 09:53:27
> DUA2 seems to work, I also used DUA2 to install the mini
> root.... using rd2 does not work in my case. I guess the problem is that
> the boot process does not find the floppy...

No clue, sorry.

I haven't had enough time to install/test the recent snapshots on my
VS2000 at home. I hope to get this done in the near future, maybe then
i can say more...

> Another question, looking though the include files.... in
> include/ka410.h there are memory cards up to 14MB defined,
> .
> #define KA410_CFG_12MB          0x06
> #define KA410_CFG_14MB          0x07
>
> installing the sys directory I could not find that these are used... Is
> that correct???

When initially writing include/ka410.h i just included any information
i could find in the various documents (without thinking about if it'll
really be used/referenced). So what you see is all the info i could
find about the config/test register.
Counting available memory is done without refering to these infos.
So these defines are really never used, but are there for documentation
purposes and maybe for later use...

Ciao,
	bertram