Subject: Re: 1.2C Problems
To: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
From: Matti Ristinmaa <hlmr@bertil.hallf.lth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/19/1997 08:43:45
On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Bertram Barth wrote:

> > > Here is the log I obtain, the VS2000 is up
> > > and running. Some problems; how to read from the floppy??, mount
> > > /dev/floppy /floppy
> > >
> > I think that the floppy should be found as rd2, but I'm not sure.
> > Bertram??? It looks like it cannot find your floppy.
>
> I haven't looked into the sources, but in the old sources there was
> a check/probe for disk as rd0 and for floppy as rd2 (second disk as
> rd1 was not checked). So either it's a problem in the driver or it's
> a hardware problem, which can be checked easily by trying to boot
> from floppy:	>>> B DUA2

DUA2 seems to work, I also used DUA2 to install the mini
root.... using rd2 does not work in my case. I guess the problem is that
the boot process does not find the floppy...

Another question, looking though the include files.... in
include/ka410.h there are memory cards up to 14MB defined,
.
#define KA410_CFG_12MB          0x06
#define KA410_CFG_14MB          0x07

installing the sys directory I could not find that these are used... Is
that correct???

(guess it is already corrected but compiling boot, make complained about
the Makefile,  'clean::' one : to much)